Saturday, April 14, 2012
Three Things Learned
For my third essay, I analyzed the article "Don't Presume to Know a Pig's Mind" by Blake Hurst. In the article, the writer tried to use a persuasive tone inorder to convince the reader that it is acceptable to keep animals in cages as long as their is a benefit from it. However, his and strategy weakened the argument by making the author seem selfish and cruel.The author also never shared with the reader his past experiences as a farmer. By not providing valuable information the author appears to be dishonest. Lastly, Hurst states "Since we can’t ask the pigs what they think, we know only one thing for sure about the effects of scrapping our most efficient farming systems: the cost of bacon will rise." Although, this can attract a reader's attention their is no prove that it is true. These three things taught me how important it is to be trustworthy to my readers. If I am dishonest their is a high chance that I might loose them like the athuor lost me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment