I enjoy peer review. I believe that it is a very effective process. First of all, it helps students understand their weaknesses and it teaches them ways on how they can improve. Also, it is always good to get another persons opinion on your writing. The peer review in my English 101 class has helped improve my writing. It has allowed me to see some of the many errors I commit. However, I believe peer review can be improved by allowing students more time. My biggest weakness as a peer reviewer is giving advice to my classmates on how they can write fluently from one paragraph on to the next. Mostly because it is a struggle that I face. My strenght as a peer reviewer is noticing mispelled words. I am a great help when it comes to vocabulary. My ideal peer review process would be teaming up with a person who is strong at one of my weaknesses as a writer. As well as me being strong at one of his/her weaknesses. This way we can both share valuable information on how we can improve.
No comments:
Post a Comment