Friday, March 2, 2012

Cows, Chickens & Pigs! Ohh Myy!! :o

For my argument analysis essay, I have chosen to analyze Blake Hurst's argument on one of Chipotle Mexican Grill's advertisements. In his article "Don't Presume to Know a Pig's Mind", the author describes the actions that are occurring in the commercial. In the beginning, a farmer and his animals are happy at a farm when all of a sudden the animals get transferred into crowded buildings. It can be inferred that the animals will get killed and become food. In the end, the farmer realizes what is happening and frees the animals back into the farm where they are happy once again. The author can state, the point of this commercial is to show how Chipotle Mexican Grill treats their animals fairly before killing them.

The main reason why this article caught my attention was because a song from Coldpay was used in the commercial.  The Scientist is one of my favorite songs; therefore, I immediately watched the commercial on Youtube. As I watched the commercial, I started to feel sad for the animals. I've gotten flyers out in the street that describe and illustrate animal cruelty. Although I love to eat meat, it would be better to know that animals are  killed in a less harmful way. This is a very interesting topic that I would like to learn more about.

No comments:

Post a Comment