Friday, February 24, 2012

Reflection

As I look back to the writing from my past, it is evident how I have not grown much as a writer. I can point out several similarities between the writing from my past  and present. For one, my writing process has not changed. It is a little disappointing to know that one of my goals for this semester was to improve my writing skills and yet I  have not progressed. Although this may be true, I can honestly say that English 101 has helped me understand where my writing needs improvement. For example, Ms. Spencer wrote down comments on my first essay that were helpful.When I write, I tend to make unclear statements or not use college level vocabulary words. Also, I have a problem transitioning into a new paragraph. Another great help has been the Norton Field Guide to Writing handbook, it gives out great examples on writing. 

1 comment:

  1. I would consider knowing how your writing needs to improve to be evidence that you are becoming a stronger writer. Now you just need to practice how to better develop your writing.

    ReplyDelete